Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Arts & Crafts Show Appearance, Dec. 1 - 2


I have a table at the Optimist Club’s Arts and Crafts Show Saturday and Sunday at the West Plains, Missouri Civic Center.  It offers a “Wide Range of Exhibits”.  It’s also an opportunity to publicize Journal of the Silent Majority and this blog.  It’s all part of my ongoing effort to get the book published, hopefully in 2013.

I always make it a point to give away books in my library, so I’ll have plenty on hand including – you guessed it – history and biography.  There will be back issues of Writer’s Digest and a few books on writing that aren’t too outdated.  They’re also free.  I’ll also share my discoveries on the eBook process.  If there are those who want to talk about WWII and North Africa, they are my specialties as well.

I’ll also bring a copy of Missouri’s Century Farms published this summer with discount order forms.  Acclaim Press was kind enough to publish in its entirety my Century Farms submission that led grandpa’s homestead to be included in the book.  Since there are over 3,000 Missouri Century Farms, the book has a wider appeal than just to the Cherry family.  Yours may be in it.