Friday, January 30, 2015

Eye Surgery

Usually I write about five posts per month.  This month I've been occupied with just seeing the keyboard.  Cataract surgery dampens my production, but I hope it goes well because I love to read and write.  I have to admit surgery is unnerving and scary.  Take needles for instance.  I don't like them.  I've never liked them.  Having good vision is one of God's best blessings.   Baby Boomers know what I'm talking about because we're getting older and millions of us have retired or are beginning to retire or worse.  Ailments are part of being a senior citizen and I admire those little old ladies in pre-op who take it better than me. 

As a kid I remember reading The Oregon Trail by Francis Parkman.  It was right up there with Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo and Drums Along the Mohawk.  Parkman's vision failed him too and eventually he had to rig a jig using wires that kept his pen on the lines of the paper he was using.  At least in my case my ebook made it to Barnes and Noble and Amazon in time.   My hope was to have ebooks stimulate printed sales for better distribution.  I took a chance and it's only $2.99 for millions of tech savy youngsters on a budget.  Journal of the Silent Majority is just my observation on what's happened to America since WWII.  Surely there will be others.  I'd like to be able to read them too.

Hopefully, sometime in late February my eyes will have gotten better so that I may reassume my politically incorrect effort to tell people about a history they're not supposed to know.