Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring Update

We dodged the heavy snowfalls that made a mess of the Southeast.  Rain is on the way and hopefully our Ozark ponds will soon be overrunning.  I saw my first robin and bluebird yesterday.  The sun occasionally breaks through; I'm tired of the gloom of February and this time of year.  If I had a bucket list I'd like to visit more places where the sun isn't hidden so much.  Winter's hay is almost gone.
 
Cable television gets boring too except for Wheeler Dealers which had its last seasons' show last night.  O'Reiley will probably talk about Ferguson tonight which is more interesting than talking without end about Hillary's E-mails.  I enjoy watching the Five, but what happened to Bob?  Has he been replaced?  Fox is right about their leftist competitors:  people get tired of being lectured.  Note to them:  "School's out!" We're free to watch what we want to.
 
I watched Rick Steve's European exploits the other day on PBS.  Does he actually get paid to have that much fun?  If I had a Bucket List I'd fill it up fast with some of his destinations like Berlin and Italy. I've written all this without glasses believe it or not, so I must be getting better.  I'm thinking about future blog posts with less politics, but WWII still has my personal interest.  I can't help it, I'm a Baby Boomer.